Free Download Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World

Specify Books Conducive To Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World

Original Title: The Life of Mahatma Gandhi
ISBN: 0451627423 (ISBN13: 9780451627421)
Edition Language: English URL http://wikilivres.info/wiki/index.php/Mohandas_K._Gandhi
Characters: Mahatma Gandhi
Free Download Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World
Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World Paperback | Pages: 192 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 2642 Users | 177 Reviews

Narrative In Pursuance Of Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World

Gandhi: The Observer To change something you love is the hardest. It requires you to set aside your love for the thing and be objective. Real change cannot be imagined otherwise. My favourite description of Gandhiji’s uniqueness of vision comes from Naipaul. description Naipaul says that Gandhi saw India like no other, he observed critically, with an impartial, almost colonial eye. And then he acted on them. And this is what made his vision of India so revolutionary. He questioned things that were taken for granted, things that were assimilated into our Idea of India. Mohandas Gandhi: Mahatma, great-souled, father of the nation, deified, his name given to streets and parks and squares, honoured everywhere by statues, his portrait garlanded in every pan-shop, hung in hundreds of offices, bare-chested, bespectacled, radiating light and goodness, his likeness so familiar that, simplified to caricature and picked out in electric lights, it is now an accepted part of the decorations of a wedding house... he is nevertheless the least Indian of Indian leaders. He looked at India as no Indian was able to; his vision was direct, and this directness was, and is, revolutionary. He sees exactly what the visitor sees; he does not ignore the obvious. He sees the beggars and the shameless pundits and the filth of Banaras; he sees the atrocious sanitary habits of doctors, lawyers and journalists. He sees the Indian callousness, the Indian refusal to see. Why, for instance, was Gandhi so obsessed with human waste? This is Naipaul's explanation: It is a correct emphasis, for more than a problem of sanitation is involved. It is possible, starting from that casual defecation in a veranda at an important assembly, to analyse the whole diseased society. Sanitation was linked to caste, caste to callousness, inefficiency and a hopelessly divided country, division to weakness, weakness to foreign rule. This is what Gandhi saw, and no one purely of India could have seen it. No Indian attitude escapes him, no Indian problem; he looks down to the roots of the static, decayed society. And the picture of India which comes out of his writings and exhortations over more than thirty years still holds today: this is the measure of his failure, and ours…

Details Containing Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World

Title:Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World
Author:Louis Fischer
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 192 pages
Published:December 7th 1982 by Signet (first published January 1st 1950)
Categories:Biography. Nonfiction. History. Cultural. India. Philosophy. Spirituality. Religion

Rating Containing Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World
Ratings: 4.11 From 2642 Users | 177 Reviews

Piece Containing Books Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World
The editorial description of the book went "This is a biography of Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948). He led the fight for Indian independence from British rule, who tirelessly pursued a strategy of passive resistance, and who was assassinated by a Hindu fanatic only a few months after independence was achieved." The editorial description is notable in light of facts of history that took place around independence of India - for one thing Gandhi desperately wished to visit the newly partitioned land of

Over all I am not too pleased with this book. I'm very interested in biography and and pretty anything in that category but when I started reading this book I knew it was a mistake. Even the beginning of the book was boring. I read the first 100 pages and didn't like it. The reason I read that many pages was I was waiting for the book to get interesting but frankly it didn't. It had very small print that hurt my eyes and along with that it was flat out boring. There wasn't any cool or

I have to admit that it took me three tries to finish this book. I think I started it at least two years ago. The first two times I got about 100 pages in and lost steam. The content was mostly interesting, but I was getting bogged down by a lot of the political details. I started over once again from the beginning, convinced that reading this biography would be "good for me." This time, after about 200 pages, I couldn't get myself to read anything else until I finished.Gandhi has to be one of

Gandhi: The ObserverTo change something you love is the hardest. It requires you to set aside your love for the thing and be objective. Real change cannot be imagined otherwise. My favourite description of Gandhijis uniqueness of vision comes from Naipaul.Naipaul says that Gandhi saw India like no other, he observed critically, with an impartial, almost colonial eye. And then he acted on them. And this is what made his vision of India so revolutionary. He questioned things that were taken for

Gandhi's life is one I've been itching to learn more about for a long time, and his life surprises me in many ways. I knew little of how he got his point across to people, and was especially surprised by his beliefs (I didn't know he wasn't completely Hindu, nor that he was inspired by the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5). While there are things I disagreed with on Gandhi's views, I did appreciate his dedication and drive to do what he believed right, and for the best of others. He did much of

As I turned the last page of Gandhi: His Life and Message for the World, I felt like I should say to it, Its not you. Its me. The fact is, I had a hard time reading this book. This is one of those books that is better than my rating would indicate. My own personal issues prevented me from fully enjoying the book.More than anything else, I think my problems stem from Louis Fischers writing style, not from his subject matter. Perhaps biography writing styles were different in 1954 when this was

Simply put: One of the best books I have ever read.

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.