The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1) 
This was my first book by Lori Benton, and what a treat! Lori will now be on my to-read list forever.This was such a beautiful well written story, to find words to describe it and give it the proper praise it deserves will be difficult.Lori managed to pen down realistic, emotionally deep and raw characters in such a way that I could see the story play out in front of my eyes, almost like I'm watching my friends. I felt the pain, the joy, the bitterness and finishing the story left me with a
Fort William Henry, Lake George, New York, 1757When Reginald Aubrey holds the cooling body of his hour old infant son in his arms he is left with a choice. He can either tell his unconscious wife that their son has died or he can kidnap a boy from a set of newborn twins born within minutes of his own son. The twins' mother is a white woman who had been captured as a small child by a tribe of American Indians and raised Oneida. Her children are half white/half Indian, except that one boy has pale

The 1757 New York frontier is home to the Oneida tribe and to British colonists, yet their feet rarely walk the same paths. Major Reginald Aubrey in the midst of fighting between the British and the Onedia makes a decision that will forever change the lives of his entire family. When the long buried truth comes to light, can an unlikely friendship forged at the woods edge provide a way forward? This was such a fascinating historical read. Not many books touch upon the period prior to the
Can I have ten stars, please? Five is not sufficient for a story this deep and detailed! In fact, I've been putting off this review for way too long because I don't rightly know how to express how enjoyable this book was for me. It's the type of story that draws you in and doesn't let you go. It's epic in its scope, following a family from the children's birth and the theft of the baby all the way to the young manhood of the twins. Benton draws you into a deep emotional understanding with many
Oh. My. Gosh. I absolutely loved this moving book! One of the best books I have read in a long time!
AMAZING!! Absolutely, unequivocally, beyond adequate words of praise - rich, authentic, captivating - amazing! And that's just the story. Isn't the cover amazingly gorgeous, too??The Wood's Edge is by far, the best book I've read this year. One of the most satisfying and richly drawn historical sagas I've encountered in long time. And THE BEST Christian-penned historical work of fiction, without a doubt. Which really says something, considering I'm not much into generational family sagas and/or
Lori Benton
Paperback | Pages: 400 pages Rating: 4.43 | 937 Users | 267 Reviews

Point Books To The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1)
| Original Title: | The Wood's Edge |
| ISBN: | 1601427328 (ISBN13: 9781601427328) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Pathfinders #1 |
| Setting: | New York State(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Christy Award Nominee for Historical (2016) |
Narrative Concering Books The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1)
At the wood's edge cultures collide. Can two families survive the impact? The 1757 New York frontier is home to the Oneida tribe and to British colonists, yet their feet rarely walk the same paths. On the day Fort William Henry falls, Major Reginald Aubrey is beside himself with grief. His son, born that day, has died in the arms of his sleeping wife. When Reginald comes across an Oneida mother with newborn twins, one white, one brown, he makes a choice that will haunt the lives of all involved. He steals the white baby and leaves his own child behind. Reginald's wife and foundling daughter, Anna, never suspect the truth about the boy they call William, but Reginald is wracked by regret that only intensifies with time, as his secret spreads its devastating ripples. When the long buried truth comes to light, can an unlikely friendship forged at the wood's edge provide a way forward? For a father tormented by fear of judgment, another by lust for vengeance. For a mother still grieving her lost child. For a brother who feels his twin's absence, another unaware of his twin's existence. And for Anna, who loves them both--Two Hawks, the mysterious Oneida boy she meets in secret, and William, her brother. As paths long divided collide, how will God direct the feet of those who follow Him?Itemize Regarding Books The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1)
| Title | : | The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1) |
| Author | : | Lori Benton |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 400 pages |
| Published | : | April 21st 2015 by WaterBrook |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Romance. Christian. Fiction. Historical Romance |
Rating Regarding Books The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1)
Ratings: 4.43 From 937 Users | 267 ReviewsWeigh Up Regarding Books The Wood's Edge (The Pathfinders #1)
This was my first book by Lori Benton, and what a treat! Lori will now be on my to-read list forever.This was such a beautiful well written story, to find words to describe it and give it the proper praise it deserves will be difficult.Lori managed to pen down realistic, emotionally deep and raw characters in such a way that I could see the story play out in front of my eyes, almost like I'm watching my friends. I felt the pain, the joy, the bitterness and finishing the story left me with a
Fort William Henry, Lake George, New York, 1757When Reginald Aubrey holds the cooling body of his hour old infant son in his arms he is left with a choice. He can either tell his unconscious wife that their son has died or he can kidnap a boy from a set of newborn twins born within minutes of his own son. The twins' mother is a white woman who had been captured as a small child by a tribe of American Indians and raised Oneida. Her children are half white/half Indian, except that one boy has pale

The 1757 New York frontier is home to the Oneida tribe and to British colonists, yet their feet rarely walk the same paths. Major Reginald Aubrey in the midst of fighting between the British and the Onedia makes a decision that will forever change the lives of his entire family. When the long buried truth comes to light, can an unlikely friendship forged at the woods edge provide a way forward? This was such a fascinating historical read. Not many books touch upon the period prior to the
Can I have ten stars, please? Five is not sufficient for a story this deep and detailed! In fact, I've been putting off this review for way too long because I don't rightly know how to express how enjoyable this book was for me. It's the type of story that draws you in and doesn't let you go. It's epic in its scope, following a family from the children's birth and the theft of the baby all the way to the young manhood of the twins. Benton draws you into a deep emotional understanding with many
Oh. My. Gosh. I absolutely loved this moving book! One of the best books I have read in a long time!
AMAZING!! Absolutely, unequivocally, beyond adequate words of praise - rich, authentic, captivating - amazing! And that's just the story. Isn't the cover amazingly gorgeous, too??The Wood's Edge is by far, the best book I've read this year. One of the most satisfying and richly drawn historical sagas I've encountered in long time. And THE BEST Christian-penned historical work of fiction, without a doubt. Which really says something, considering I'm not much into generational family sagas and/or


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.