Mention Books Toward Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2)
| Original Title: | Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War, #2) ASIN B00394DSZS |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.kreelanwarrior.com/ |
| Series: | In Her Name: The Last War #2, In Her Name #2 |

Michael R. Hicks
Kindle Edition | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 4.25 | 2074 Users | 66 Reviews
Details Appertaining To Books Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2)
| Title | : | Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2) |
| Author | : | Michael R. Hicks |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | February 18th 2010 by Imperial Guard Publishing |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Space. Space Opera. Fantasy. Science Fiction Fantasy. Fiction. War. Military Fiction. Military Science Fiction |
Representaion Supposing Books Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2)
The real rating of this book is 3.5 stars rather than four stars. The book should be focused on Tesh-Dar, and indeed the stories about Kreelans are wonderful, and much better than their humans counterparts. The battles scenes were really well done. The characters are very well developed (and this is true for all the other books in the series). It is impossible not to like some of the Kreelans, and not to hate some of the humans; there are not good guys and bad guys, every character has his own qualities and flaws. However, I found the "cold war" from Saint Petersburg planet described in too many details, and I didn't care about it. From my point of view, this part should be cut in half (and have more about Kreelans and Kreelan - humans interaction). And again, as in “First Contact” the book has too many references to present and it has a too US centric view. To conclude, the whole "In Her Name" series is a great read, one of the best sci-fi I've read.Rating Appertaining To Books Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2)
Ratings: 4.25 From 2074 Users | 66 ReviewsCriticism Appertaining To Books Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War #2)
Excellent continuation of the series The second novel in the series takes some of the more memorable plot lines from the first book and successfully builds on them. The action scenes are engaging and the characters continue to evolve in a way that made me buy the next book in the series.The real rating of this book is 3.5 stars rather than four stars. The book should be focused on Tesh-Dar, and indeed the stories about Kreelans are wonderful, and much better than their humans counterparts. The battles scenes were really well done. The characters are very well developed (and this is true for all the other books in the series). It is impossible not to like some of the Kreelans, and not to hate some of the humans; there are not good guys and bad guys, every character has his own
I was actually not overly thrilled about the first book in this series. It was still good enough for me to want to try and read another one though. After all I really hate starting on a series and not finishing it. In this case I was rewarded with a pleasant experience.This book was really enjoyable to read. As I mentioned in my review of the first book, theres a lot to like in this book series. There are plenty of action, both in space and on the ground, an alien invasion of giant blue amazons

Another great book in the series. It didn't all the impact of the first book, but nearly so...One thing I finally realized was nagging me about the space battles. It's doesn't feel like the speed of light is being factored in well enough. Solar systems are really big places. I mean big, big. Light takes hours to cross them. For example, Earth to Jupiter is 32 light minutes apart (or so, depending on where the planets are in their orbits and all that). So like takes 32 minutes to travel from one
A gave up on this entire series (despite having bought all of the books in advance) after the invisible dinosaur attack about 28% through. What utter rubbish. The first book was interesting, but this is not for me. If I could donate the series to someone else, I would. Don't even want this in my library.
The great action continues in book 2. I enjoyed the first book, First Contact, a little better but that doesn't take anything away from this book. Tesh Dar is the main character in this one and her story is very interesting. Even though she is a ruthless human killer, you feel for her as much as the humans being slaughtered. I will definitely be finishing this trilogy and maybe move on to the next trilogy in the series.
I finished Legend of the Sword, the second volume in Michael R. Hicks' In Her Name: The Last War series yesterday. The second book was as good as the first so I started on the third one and am about halfway through it at this time, but that's a review for later. I'm really enjoying this series. The Kreelan priestess Tesh-Dar is fascinating as is the entire culture that Mr. Hicks has brought forth here. Not very long after the first book ends we rejoin our characters as the crisis is picking up


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.